Monday, September 13, 2010

Pyes Manager runs the Robin Hood Half Marathon and raises £1,000 for Maggies charity.

Chris Fish, Recoveries Manager, for Pyes' sister company MA Julious, swapped his suit and tie for shorts and trainers at the weekend and ran a grueling 13 miles for cancer charity, Maggie's.

Running as part of the annual Robin Hood Festival of Running, Chris managed to raise an impressive £1,000 for the charity which needs to raise £3 million to build a Maggie's Centre in Nottingham.

Having undergone a two and a half month training programme, Chris’ motivation was to raise funds for a Nottingham Maggie’s Centre which will offer help, support and advice to anyone who has problems, large or small associated with cancer.

Chris said "I'd like to thank everyone at Pyes who sponsored me, it definitely eased the pain in my legs as I was running! All in all I was happy with the time and although I am aching and limping a wee bit today, it was well worth it, and I'm looking forward to doing another one. Eventually."

Chris broke his personal record by completing the race in 1 hour 51 minutes and whilst record numbers reportedly entered this year, Chris’ time was in the top 24%.

Maggie's is John Pye & Sons charity of choice and fundraising takes place through out the year.

No comments: